EMaC work in close partnership with vehicle manufacturers and dealerships to strengthen their aftersales relationships with their customers, creating positive experiences that lead to increased loyalty and greater revenues. We call this ‘Ownercare’. The core of the business is service plans with an expanding product portfolio and a live book of 1.8 million customers, we are the acknowledged UK leader. We use reliable, highly evolved platforms to integrate our systems with our clients’. We offer customer service that is second-to-none and we take responsibility so that our clients can focus on their strengths, knowing that their customers are in great hands. In 2020 we estimate that we created over a quarter of a billion pounds worth of potential revenue to our dealer partners.
EMaC is a great place to build a career. We’re fresh in our thinking and we look to do things differently, so there are plenty of exciting opportunities with us. We’re always looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals who are as keen as us to innovate, excite and make a real difference. Our view is that if we can help your career to grow, you’ll be helping us grow as a business – everyone wins.
EMaC is a great place to work and learn. The pace is fast. We have a strong team spirit and there’s a real buzz about the environment. To help you settle in and feel at home, we’ll provide you with a full business induction plus training and job benefits. Our support is available at every step of the way!
We are currently looking to recruit a Development Manager.
Summary of role:
- Document and maintain the Application Architecture
- Define the Architecture principles
- Define a roadmap for Architecture improvements
- Coding standards
- Development tools
- Peer Reviews
- Branching methodologies
Engagement with other teams:
- Support the Programme Manager in creating and maintaining the EMaC programme, by articulating the technical constraints and dependencies of new projects
- Support Business Analysts in creating high quality Business Solution Documents that clearly define our projects and enable the business to confirm go ahead or prioritisation
- Support the Scrum Masters / Project Managers in improving estimating accuracy of developers, resolving technical blockers and providing guidance to keep projects on track
- Continually review sourcing options for development, to support the Programme Manager with alternative options to deliver the business change programme
- Contribute to the resourcing planning processes
- Ensure Scrum development continues to reflect the defined architecture
- Support the developers to become more effective and productive
- Produce high quality designs, that enable developers to get up to speed quickly
- Drive process improvements that will improve development productivity
- Develop the skills of internal IT Team
- Determine and contribute to the direction and “own” the IT improvement programme
- Provide leadership to IT team
- Active membership of IT Architecture Forum
- Manage Development Team (x5 permanent plus contractors)
- Where appropriate, ensure EMAC aligns with Group standards
- Liaise with Group Technology to look to exploit group services to improve productivity
What you’ll need:
- Technical Solutions Architecture in Microsoft .NET development environment (essential)
- Developer background – C#, VB (essential)
- Experience of MS Dynamics CRM (desirable)
- Agile Methodologies (essential)
Working style &and people management skills
- Collaborative management style – success is the whole of IT succeeding, not just Architecture and Development
- Evidenced people management and leadership skills, with an ability to manage and work with experienced and capable team members
- Ability to see the bigger picture whilst also understanding that the ‘devil is in the detail’
- Very organised with responsibility for coordinating input from across peer group
- Ability to deliver strong messages in a way that doesn’t alienate stakeholders
- Strong Listening and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Well-developed analysis and decision making
- Excellent communicator inside and outside of IT Domain and inside and outside of EMaC
- Influential and persuasive at all levels of an organisation
- Strong influencing skills
What you’ll get in return:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Employee benefits scheme, including holiday purchase scheme, health cash plan, travel insurance and life insurance.
- Employee of the Quarter awards.
- Long Service recognition at 1, 3, 5, 10 and 20 years.
- 40 hrs per week.
- Location: Hybrid / EMaC Head Office, Crewe.
- Salary dependent on experience.