Sales Support Helpdesk Technician
Sales Support Helpdesk Technician
EMaC work in close partnership with vehicle manufacturers and dealerships to strengthen their aftersales relationships with their customers, creating positive experiences that lead to increased loyalty and greater revenues. We call this ‘Ownercare’. The core of the business is service plans: with a live book of 1.8 million customers, we are the acknowledged UK leader. We use reliable, highly evolved platforms to integrate our systems with our clients’. We offer customer service that is second-to-none and we take responsibility so that our clients can focus on their strengths, knowing that their customers are in great hands. In 2019 we estimate that we created over a quarter of a billion pounds worth of potential revenue to our dealer partners.
EMaC is a great place to build a career. We are fresh in our thinking and we look to do things differently, so there are plenty of exciting opportunities with us. We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals who are as keen as us to innovate, excite and make a real difference. Our view is that if we can help your career to grow, you will be helping us grow as a business – everyone wins.
EMaC is a great place to work and learn. The pace is fast. We have a strong team spirit and there is a real buzz about the environment. To help you settle in and feel at home, we will provide you with a full business induction plus training and job benefits. Our support is available at every step of the way!
The purpose of this role is to provide impeccable support using both technical and commercial skills, supporting our clients and commercial departments to fully enhance their EMaC experience and maximise aftersales opportunities.
Summary of Role:
Reporting directly to the Sales Support Helpdesk Manager, the Sales Support Helpdesk Technician will work in close proximity to the commercial department to ensure that the service we deliver to our clients is of the highest level. The Sales Support Helpdesk Technician will be able to use data and analytics from our reporting suite to make informed decisions and recommendations to our dealer and OEM network to help fulfil their EMaC potential. A technically skilled individual, the agent will be able to use a variety of software applications to solve problems and provide technical assistance to our network. Commercially capable, the agent will be able to present themselves and the business in a professional manner and use a variety of commercial techniques to ensure our network is producing its maximum output.
An individual who is constantly striving to develop and expand their skillset, the Helpdesk Technician will be highly self-confident and able to express their views in a team forum and other, relevant environments. They will possess a positive attitude to their work whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. They will also be required to assist in motivating their peers to help achieve our optimum performance. A problem solver, they will be able to scope the full extent of a problem quickly and efficiently before providing an array of suitable options, clearly detailing the pros and cons of each, using their unrivalled knowledge of the EMaC systems and products.
Other responsibilities include: –
- Provide a service response to our clients for technical and commercial enquiries relating to the configuration and set up of our products
- Assist our field sales team and commercial partners team in their efforts to build and maintain relationships with our dealer groups, manufacturers, and other third-party suppliers
- Be apt at asking relevant questions to establish a problem as quickly and efficiently as possible. Then able to analyse the problem and prepare an array of solutions with the relevant pros and cons
- Continual upkeep of training materials and process documentation
- Assist in the training of our clients and peers within the team
- Develop a thorough and unrivalled knowledge of the EMaC systems to enable you to troubleshoot without the need for assistance
- Gather and implement requirements from our clients
- Analyse data and trends from our reporting suite
- Cover all aspects of administration as the role demands
- Seek to improve processes to improve efficiency output and decrease the risk of manual error
- Work with other departments within operations to greater enhance the services that we deliver
- Provide support/assistance both on and off site to support client requirements relating to product delivery and analysis of data
- Formulate and feedback new business ideas and future system developments through designated channels
- Ensure that the status and reputation of the company both internally and externally is always maintained
- Must have the ability to manage workload through a CRM system and adhere to SLAs and OLAs
What you will need:
- Possesses a broad, technical understanding with, ideally, 12+ months experience using Office 365, particularly- Microsoft Excel
- Experience of using bespoke business applications and mastering new business systems and processes
- Ability to engage and support external partners and suppliers
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience of business applications and systems
- Ability to multi-task using outstanding organisational skills and prioritise daily workload with time management techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent people skills
- Desire to develop and learn new skills
- Knowledge of automotive/service plan industry (Desirable)
- Experience of supporting change initiatives (Desirable)
What you’ll get in return:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Employee benefits scheme, including holiday purchase scheme, health cash plan, travel insurance and life insurance.
- Employee of the Quarter awards.
- Long Service recognition at 1, 3, 5, 10 and 20 years.
- 40 hours per week
- Permanent contract
- £21k – £23k per annum plus commission